Whispered In The Wind

Whispered In The Wind
Just a fairy blowing in the wind, singing tales to the west wind

Sunday, March 17, 2013

For The Cracked Bottle Days

And there are moments
when blue bottles crack
when you can't recognize yourself in the mirror
flushed cheeks and unbrushed hair

there are moments
when you pick up bottle caps
with little babies 
build towers
laugh as they yell "higher! higher!"
There are moments when towers
fall

and you don't want to get up because
your room is too hot
and no book is worth reading

And there are days
days like this
where you write yourself letters
poems
verses
to remind yourself
this too, shall pass
this too
this too

when you play your everyday game
of what's the lesson
and you don't find an answer
when I don't find my answer 


And as much as I try to pick myself apart
 sometimes I just don't understand myself

Why I have days like this, where I just fall apart
 why I forget I'm loved 
or cry at the slightest provocation.
Why we all have days like this..

maybe it's just life
maybe it's just 16?

maybe sometimes I need these breakdowns
these days where I feel like I can't make it through
to realize
I can make it through
I just did make it through
and it's almost midnight
and  I'm writing a poem about it

And there's something special about that
No matter how bad any day is
We can turn it into Art

So there will be days like this
I just hope that I remember
that when I can't stand straight
I can always find some words to stand up for me



No comments:

Post a Comment

"I want warm summer nights, to lie in a hammock, staring at the stars, telling you stories. "

"I want warm summer nights, to lie in a hammock, staring at the stars, telling you stories. "
"When asked not to make waves, I just smiled and said, don't worry this is just a ripple"