Whispered In The Wind

Whispered In The Wind
Just a fairy blowing in the wind, singing tales to the west wind

Monday, May 7, 2012

Being


I am built of pasts
all compounded to one me
I am tears I shed
the bruises that sculpted me
I am built of matzah ball soup
and grandma's hugs
the taste of lemons on your tongue
with a scoop of sugar
I am the aleph-bet
a living history of my people
I am a girl
defined by her heart
judged by her actions
I am the flower in my hair
weaved into life
growing strong and bright
but delicate
and in danger of being picked
I am the pencil pressed notes
The hours I pour mental energy in
till there is no time left for
anything else
I am a deep slumber
at peace with vivid dreams
but plagued with nightmares
I am the stars
Shining
but my light hits earth years after it first shone
burning out of gas
falling star
shooting star
I am like no one else
but every wide eyed-owl child in a sea of faces
just a grain of sand between your feet
a shell in your hands
I am a Jew
Russian, German
tainted with the blood of history
cursed by the sin of men
carrying burdens forced by no fault of my own
generational traits I will have to face
parts of me sculpted by acceptance
built on cracking lies
I am an old building
strong and regal once
but a fading beauty
needing repair
I am the ocean
wild and free
the stallion in the field
I am my past, present and future
I am every moment that ever happened
all leading up
to another human
just another me
Just another Inkspinner
spinning out prose to save the threads of my humanity


No comments:

Post a Comment

"I want warm summer nights, to lie in a hammock, staring at the stars, telling you stories. "

"I want warm summer nights, to lie in a hammock, staring at the stars, telling you stories. "
"When asked not to make waves, I just smiled and said, don't worry this is just a ripple"